View Cherokee PARC Overview in a larger map
- Location: Cherokee Marsh-South Boat Launch at the end of School Rd., Madison, WI map
- Restrooms: No
- Drinking water: No
- Park hours: Closes at dusk
- The majority of the biking is on pavement, but expect to encounter some gravel.
- Drinking water and public restrooms are available on course but not at the start/finish.
- When using our pre-plotted maps, each checkpoint (CP) is marked on the map with a red circle around the target feature and corresponding red CP number. Note that there are red section numbers on the topo maps as well, but you should ignore those.
- Because the course spans multiple maps, part of the challenge lies in matching up one map’s edge to the next. We have a short tutorial to help, if that is confusing.
The pro course consists of a paddle section, 3 trekking/land navigation sections and 3 biking sections.
Trek 9 — Bike 50 — Paddle 5
The intermediate course consists of a paddle section, 2 trekking/land navigation sections and 2 biking sections.
Trek 5.5 — Bike 35 — Paddle 4
The novice course consists of a paddle section, a trekking section and a biking section.
Trek 3 — Bike 20 — Paddle 2.2